June Updates and Show News!
Hi Dancers and Parents -
We have a lot of information for you today!
Pictures: We have added a 2nd picture day on Monday, July 6th at our Lumberton studio. You can sign up on our website at this link: July 6th Photo Day.
Edge Parent Round Table: We are holding a Round Table meeting and are hoping that we have a good representation of all ages and classes. If you have some time on Tuesday, June 16th at 7:00 - we need your input and would love to have you join us.
End of Season Show: We are so excited! It is definitely not going to be the Recital we are all accustomed to having - but we are excited to offer this Performance to end the 2019/2020 season. Please save the dates while we await more details. July 15th, 16th and 17th. The performances will be in the evenings from 5-9pm. I KNOW - there so many questions and details and we can't answer them all yet - but I can get you started.
- The show will be held at the Burlington County Agricultural Center - 500 Centerton Road in the market Barn. This is an Open out door barn with a roof that will protect us from the weather if needed.
- We will be scheduling 2-3 classes each half hour and having them perform one class at a time. Once your class is finished - you will be dismissed.
- The entire performance will be recorded and a DVD will be made for everyone.
- Currently, we are planning on each performer having two guests to join the Socially Distanced, mask wearing audience that will be bringing their own chairs.
- There is a very large staging area for the classes to line up and wait for their turn to perform.
- Each dancer will receive a show program.
- Rehearsals with instructors will be scheduled prior to the performance. These rehearsals may be "in studio" or through Zoom. We are working on show assignments and rehearsal schedules right now. At this time, we cannot honor requests for scheduling. It is based on teacher availability, ongoing Summer class schedule, class size and class staging requirements. There are a lot of moving parts.
- There will be a participation fee in lieu of tickets. This fee will include two audience members, show program, Certificate with 2020 pin and the show DVD. The fee will offset the costs of the rental, DVD, staffing, supplies and equipment rentals.
- Participation will be optional.
We are working diligently to get all the details worked out and will get them to you as soon as possible. We are thrilled to have this opportunity for our dancers.
The best way to give us your input, thoughts and ideas is to join us for the Round Table discussion on Tuesday, June 16 at 7pm. Respond to this email to save your spot.
Thank you again for supporting Edge Dance Center.
Jacque and Chrissy